IEP04L04 – Letter to seek agreement from an former employee to make a deduction from pay

This letter can be sent to an former employee to seek their agreement to making a deduction from their pay. The letter provides the employee with 2 options either to pay from their final wages or to pay be other means. It is important to remember that unless there is a contractual arrangement in place any deduction from wages without agreement could be deemed unlawful deduction of wages.